Menier Chocolate and Raspberry Tartlets
Beautiful and delicious tarts made with a luscious rich chocolate and fresh raspberries. A perfect dessert for a romantic Valentine’s evening!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10-12 minutes
175g chocolate biscuits
50g butter, melted
For the filling
100g Menier dark chocolate
3 medium eggs, separated
40g caster sugar
50g Menier white chocolate, melted for drizzling
Cream or Ice-cream to serve
1. In a food processor blitz the biscuits into fine crumbs and mix in the melted butter.
2. Divide the biscuit crumbs between 4 loose bottom tart cases and press with a spoon until all edges are evenly covered. Freeze for 10 minutes or until solid.
3. Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C Fan/gas mark 6.
4. Next, make the filling. Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of boiling water then cool slightly.
5. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until peaks start to form, then add the sugar gradually, whisking the whole time.
6. Mix the egg yolks into the cooled melted chocolate. Stir a spoonful of the egg whites in to loosen the mixture, then carefully fold in the remainder of the egg whites. Spoon half the mousse mixture into the tartlet cases, then divide the raspberries evenly between the 4 tartlets. Top with the remaining mousse mixture.
7. Cook for 10-12 mins until just firm, but still slightly wobbly in the centre. Serve immediately with whipped cream and more raspberries. Eat warm or cool.
8. They can be stored in an airtight container in a cool dark place for up to 2 days.